Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Michael Chiarello Minestrone recipe
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onions (2 small)
- 1 cup diced celery (2 medium stalks)
- 1 cup diced carrot (2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) canprogresso cannellini beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups undrained progresso diced tomatoes (half of a 28-oz can)
- 4 cups diced green zucchini (5 small)
- 1 cup uncooked tubetti pasta (4 oz) or 1 cup other small penne pasta (4 oz)
- 2 (32 ounce) cartonsprogresso reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In 6-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic begins to brown. Stir in onions, celery and carrots; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rosemary, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, pasta and broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer about 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
- 10 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each).
- 2008 © and ®/TM of General Mills.
- © 2008 NapaStyle Inc.