1 hr 20 mins
Chef #1021843's Note:
Michael Chiarello Minestrone recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onions (2 small)
- 1 cup diced celery (2 medium stalks)
- 1 cup diced carrot (2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can progresso cannellini beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups undrained progresso diced tomatoes (half of a 28-oz can)
- 4 cups diced green zucchini (5 small)
- 1 cup uncooked tubetti pasta (4 oz) or 1 cup other small penne pasta (4 oz)
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons progresso reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In 6-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic begins to brown. Stir in onions, celery and carrots; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 2Stir in rosemary, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, pasta and broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat.
- 3Cover; simmer about 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
- 410 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each).
- 52008 © and ®/TM of General Mills.
- 6© 2008 NapaStyle Inc.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael's Home-Style Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: