Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
That last little bit of ham--from Christmas or other fine dinner. I just love leftovers!
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Made for a wonderful lunch, Barb!! What a haven for left-overs (had 1/2 can of creamed corn and about 1/2 cup cubed ham; tasty and quick, since I left out the potatoes (and the baby corn). THANKS for posting. Made for the BellyWarmers event in Cooking Photos.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cooked ham (cubed, include some fat)
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 6 ears baby corn (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (a light delicate semi-dry table wine works best)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cube, and boil potatoes (reserve 1/2 cup liquid).
- While potatoes cook, about 20 minutes, dice ham including some fat.
- Sauté diced onion in ham and fat until clear.
- When potatoes are done, drain all but preferred amount of water, using pot for chowder.
- Put onions, ham, and corn (creamed, frozen, and baby ears) into pot and simmer.
- Add wine.
- When done add milk and bring back up to temperature.
- Salt and pepper to taste.