Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is really a compilation of other recipes on the site that really works. Its going to be more expensive to make, but well worth the time and money. I appreciate all the individuals that post recipes and the site and am happy to see that the ratings come up with more ideas to make a recipe taste even better. This is my attempt.
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced, seeded
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 chopped red sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice, and
- 1 cup mr.&mrs t's bloody mary mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- cilantro (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Puree first 4 ingredients in a food processor.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of tomatoes, peppers and cucumber and add all(not the tomato drinks) ingredients to food processor and process until pureed.
- Add the bloody mary mix ,V8 juice, and reserved veggies. Stir together all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with sour cream avocado slices or cilantro when serving.