1/1 Photo of Michael's Fudge Brownies (Low Fat)
From "Chocolate and the Art of Low-Fat Desserts".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa, plus
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened dutch process cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1Position the rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°F Spray the pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 2Stir together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder with a whisk.
- 3Melt butter in medium saucepan. Off the heat, stir in the sugar until combined (texture will remain sandy). Add the egg, egg whites, vanilla, and dissolved espresso powder. Beat with a wooden spoon about 40 strokes, scraped side of pan as necessary.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and beat for another 40 strokes, or until completely mixed. Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- 5Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out a little gooey. Cool on a rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael's Fudge Brownies (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g