2 hrs 35 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen and her husband's favorite cake. Preparation and cooking time includes 1 hour for cake to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed (2 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans; set pans aside.
- 2Prepare banana nut cake: In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 3Add eggs and oil, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
- 4Stir in bananas, pecans and vanilla.
- 5Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- 6Bake cake 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of layers comes out clean.
- 7Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 8With small metal spatula or knife, loosen layers from sides of pans; invert onto racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 9While layers are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting: In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter.
- 10Gradually beat in sifted confectioners' sugar, increase speed to medium-high; beat until frosting is light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla.
- 11Reserve pecans to sprinkle on frosted cake or, if you like, stir into frosting.
- 12Fill and frost cake, using about 1/2 cup frosting between each layer.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael's Favorite Banana Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.9
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g