Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my dad's recipe for guacamole, everyone that tries it loves it. Even if you don't like balsamic vinegar you may find yourself surprised by this recipe. Sorry amounts are not exact but I have never made this by measuring things out. Just add ingredients until you find a flavor that you like. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (medium, Paul Newman recommended)
- 3 avocados
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 -1 1⁄2 garlic clove
- Mash up avocados in a bowl until you have a nice smooth texture.
- Using a garlic press, add garlic to mixture.
- Add some salsa, I usually add about 1/2 as much salsa as I have avocado.
- Add Balsamic vinegar, I don't have an exact measure, you don't want to overdo it or your guacamole will taste really acidic, you should add just enough that your mixture acquires a slightly darker hue.
- Squeeze lime into mixture and stir well, serve immediately.