Recipe by Marie
I saw this on Foodtv yesterday and I can't wait to try it. Mushrooms are glazed with a garlic white wine lemon sauce with a little thyme added. Small white button mushrooms were used and left whole for a beautiful presentation. Great for a dinner party. Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Great mushrooms. Follow the cooking times exactly as they facilitate the proper browning (carmelization) of the mushrooms ensuring really succulent results. I loved the taste of this and the wine glazed the mushrooms beautifully at the end. Yummy.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole button mushrooms, wiped clean
- 3 tablespoons butter
- gray sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat and add the mushrooms.
- Do not move the mushrooms until they have carmelized on the bottom.
- When bottoms are carmelized, toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add butter; cook and toss for 5 minutes until browned.
- Season with salt and add the garlic.
- Saute another 2 minutes and add the thyme and lemon juice.
- Cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Add wine and reduce until mushrooms are glazed with the sauce.
- Toss in parsley and serve immediately.