Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this on Foodtv yesterday and I can't wait to try it. Mushrooms are glazed with a garlic white wine lemon sauce with a little thyme added. Small white button mushrooms were used and left whole for a beautiful presentation. Great for a dinner party. Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat and add the mushrooms.
- Do not move the mushrooms until they have carmelized on the bottom.
- When bottoms are carmelized, toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add butter; cook and toss for 5 minutes until browned.
- Season with salt and add the garlic.
- Saute another 2 minutes and add the thyme and lemon juice.
- Cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Add wine and reduce until mushrooms are glazed with the sauce.
- Toss in parsley and serve immediately.
Great mushrooms. Follow the cooking times exactly as they facilitate the proper browning (carmelization) of the mushrooms ensuring really succulent results. I loved the taste of this and the wine glazed the mushrooms beautifully at the end. Yummy.
These are really delicious mushrooms. I think that next time I will try to cut the oil and butter in half- the flavor is sooo yummy but man alive are they loaded with fat. The lemon, wine and thyme is a really great flavor combination for these mushrooms and REALLY, the key is to let them caramelize in the beginning. So, so good! Thanks for sharing!
These are awesome and I couldn't stop eating them. As we were cooking, I was munching! That is the only way I can describe that fantastic experience. I ate so many mushrooms that I didn't eat dinner and they were serving steak for a small gruop of late-nighters. Thank you for posting, Diane