Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready for one more banana muffin recipe? A great use of over ripe bananas from Paula Deen.
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup capacity muffin tin or use paper liners.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix inches Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped pecans. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- *Cook's note: To check to see if the muffins are done; with a toothpick insert into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, it's done.
I love banana muffins and this was no exception. I did have to sub almonds for pecans due to allergies. Although the pecans likely are tastier I don't think I am crazy about the nuts in the muffin. The rest of the family loved them. The muffins are very moist and nice. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This was made for My3Chefs.