Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A copycat but, a good one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (for the chocolate crust)
- 1 1⁄3 cups cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cold chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons cream (for the filling)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cherry brandy (the original calls for kirshwasser)
- For the crust: Mix flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Add butter and mix until mixture forms crumbs about the size of peas. Add yolks and cream and stir just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness and place into a tart shell. Chill again.
- Place plastic wrap directly on top of crust and fill with dry beans for weight. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes. Remove beans and plastic wrap. Bake again until dough is dry, but not burnt.
- Fill the tart with raspberries.
- For the quiche: Boil the cream with the butter. Pour mixture over the white chocolate; mix until smooth. Add the kirshwasser. Pour mixture over raspberries in the tart.
- Let set until firm.