Recipe by Mrs.J
A nutritious way to sneak in whole wheat that will please both picky eaters and sophisticated palettes.
Top Review by Boomette
Yummy waffles. It's great with the whole wheat flour and peanut butter. I ate mine with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup. Thanks Mrs.J :) Made for All you can cook buffet
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cooking spray or melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Preheat a waffle iron. When it is hot, spray its surface lightly with the cooking spray or brush it with the butter.
- Fill a medium-size ladle with batter and pour it onto the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot with maple syrup and butter or fresh berries.