From TheChew.com Servings,yield and prep time are all guesstimates as they are not listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons flaked sea salt (or more as needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment.
- 3In a medium bowl, gently whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and dark brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until incorporate.
- 5Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Make sure not to over mix or cookies will be tough. On the last addition of the flour mixture add the chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.
- 6Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of batter and drop onto baking sheet. For a more uniform cookie measure each scoop and roll into a ball before placing on baking sheet. Place dough 2 inches apart. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt onto each cookie.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center of the cookies are just set. For a crispy cookie bake for 2 more minutes.
- 8Let cool slightly on sheet pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael Symon's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies With Sea Salt
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 88.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flaked sea salt