Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, fresh cups
- 1⁄3 cup milk, about
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheated 400-degree.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add butter, salt, milk, vanilla, and spice.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and lemon juice.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with pecan halves if desired.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Then bake 40 minutes longer or
- until golden.