1 hr 30 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
Michael Chiarello is one of my favorite Chefs. Antipasto must chill overnight, so plan accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar or 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 (2 lb) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 4 celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch think
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lb button mushroom, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup drained pepperoncini pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) cans italian tuna packed in oil, drained
- 6 rolled anchovies over capers
- 1/2 cup canned california black olives, pitted and drained
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives with pimento, drained
- 3 small kosher dill pickles, cut into thin spears
- 1/2 cup pickling onions, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of water with the tomato sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, brown sugar and garlic.
- 2Add the cayenne pepper and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Transfer the marinade to a large bowl to cool.
- 4In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet to cool.
- 6Bring the water back to a boil.
- 7Add the carrots and celery, blanch for 2 minutes and transfer to the baking sheet to cool.
- 8Add the white wine vinegar to the saucepan and return to a boil.
- 9Add the mushrooms, simmer for 1 minute and drain well; transfer to the other vegetables and let cool.
- 10Add all of the cooled vegetables to the marinade, then add the remaining ingredients.
- 11Toss gently but thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 12MAKE AHEAD The recipe can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael Chiarello's Pickled Antipasto
Serving Size: 1 (3344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 745.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
rolled anchovies over capers