Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Michael Chiarello is one of my favorite Chefs. Antipasto must chill overnight, so plan accordingly.
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 (2 lb) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 4 celery ribs, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch think
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lb button mushroom, stems trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup drained pepperoncini pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) cansitalian tuna packed in oil, drained
- 6 rolled anchovies over capers
- 1⁄2 cup canned california black olives, pitted and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish olives with pimento, drained
- 3 small kosher dill pickles, cut into thin spears
- 1⁄2 cup pickling onions, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of water with the tomato sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, brown sugar and garlic.
- Add the cayenne pepper and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the marinade to a large bowl to cool.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet to cool.
- Bring the water back to a boil.
- Add the carrots and celery, blanch for 2 minutes and transfer to the baking sheet to cool.
- Add the white wine vinegar to the saucepan and return to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms, simmer for 1 minute and drain well; transfer to the other vegetables and let cool.
- Add all of the cooled vegetables to the marinade, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss gently but thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- MAKE AHEAD The recipe can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.