Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
l met Michael Chiarello of Tra Vigne fame as a house/kid sitter for the Sani's . He was talented even then as a kid. For my recipe for dolma he gave me this when he was in high school. I am so proud of what he has become!!!! T.J.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 quarts beef broth (or more)
- 1 (6 ounce) package orzo pasta (one bag)
- salt and pepper
- Mold the beef, oregano, and onion into tiny meatballs.
- Add to the broth until some rise to the surface.
- Add the orzo.
- Cook until tender.
- Buen Provecho!