My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice liver into 1/2 x 2'' slices.
- 2Finely slice onion.
- 3Peel, core and slice apple into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 4Heat 1 ounce butter in a large skillet, add liver and stir-fry quickly, about 3 or 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5In a seperate small pan, at the same time, heat 1/2 tablesoon butter and fry the apple slices.
- 6Remove liver from skillet when slightly browned, after about 3 or 4 minutes. Keep on a warm plate.
- 7Add onions and flour to the skillet, stir.fry until brown.
- 8Add apple cider, balsamic vinegar and red wine, let simmer slowly for about 10 minutes.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste, then cream.
- 10Add the seperately fried apple slices.
- 11Put the liver back into the skillet, let warm through without further boiling.
- 12Serve immediately with spaetzle and green salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mia's Sour Liver Badenian Style
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat whipping cream