Recipe by Mia's Daddy
Shreaded beef tri-tip. I like this recipe because of the quick prep time. I came up with this as an experiment using my new slow cooker and was very happy with the result. Spicyness can be adjusted to your own taste. As written, this is mild to medium.
Top Review by lianned
My family loves this recipe!! The first time I made it I served it on King's Hawaiian rolls with red cabbage on top. The second time I made tacos with guacamole on the side. There were no leftovers either time. It is a simple and flavorful recipe!
- 5 -6 lbs tri-tip steak (Trimmed)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon new mexico powdered chile
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemccormick slow cookers savary pot roast seasoning
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 diced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut well trimmed tri-tip into 4 inch chunks and place into slow cooker.
- Rub meat with New Mexico Powdered Chile and Cumin.
- In large bowl stir Rotel Tomatoes, Pot Roast Seasoning, Crushed Red Peppers, and Diced Onions until seasoning is well blended.
- Pour tomato mixture over meat and stir to coat meat.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Shred cooked meat with 2 forks in slow cooker.
- Remove shredded meat with a slotted spoon leaving juice in slow cooker.
- Meat can be used in tacos or served on a plate with beans and rice.
- Enjoy from my kitchen to yours.
- Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.