Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Shreaded beef tri-tip. I like this recipe because of the quick prep time. I came up with this as an experiment using my new slow cooker and was very happy with the result. Spicyness can be adjusted to your own taste. As written, this is mild to medium.
- Cut well trimmed tri-tip into 4 inch chunks and place into slow cooker.
- Rub meat with New Mexico Powdered Chile and Cumin.
- In large bowl stir Rotel Tomatoes, Pot Roast Seasoning, Crushed Red Peppers, and Diced Onions until seasoning is well blended.
- Pour tomato mixture over meat and stir to coat meat.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Shred cooked meat with 2 forks in slow cooker.
- Remove shredded meat with a slotted spoon leaving juice in slow cooker.
- Meat can be used in tacos or served on a plate with beans and rice.
- Enjoy from my kitchen to yours.
- Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.