Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a dry barbecue rub created by Steven Raichlen to celebrate the launch of his book of the same name. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible. This makes enough for 6-8 pounds of meat, poultry or seafood
- 5 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon habanero chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Cap tightly and shake well to mix.
- Keeps 6 months if stored away from heat and light.