Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
Haven't made this yet -- but as a Halibut lover, I just had to get the recipe posted.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) halibut steaks
- In a 1 gallon resealable food storage plastic bag, combine all ingredients except halibut steaks; shake to mix well.
- Add halibut, seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes in marinade.
- Meanwhile heat grill.
- When ready to grill, remove halibut from bag and discard marinade. Place halibut on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 8 to 12 mimutes or until fish is no longer translucent in center and flakes easily with fork, turning once.
- Note: To broil halibut, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning once.
This was an awesome recipe! GIves the fish a great taste without masking over the taste of the halibut. Was quick to make and easy to cleanup! I've used this recipe several times over the last year and everyone that tries it likes it!
Great addition to my fish cookbook. Love the combination of orange and coriander, which give the recipe the fresh notes. To marinate the fish will make the flesh very soft and tender. So don't overcook it here. Instead of grilling I have broiled the halibut. It was jsut to cold outside and broiling gives me a bit mor control of doneness. I reserve the marinade and drizzle some of it over the ahlibut after I have broiled it. This adds a nice and fruity touch to the fish. A very easy to make and light fish recipe. Thanks for sharing.