Recipe by Your Sangoma
Saw this recipe on the internet and it sounded good to me. Had to put it up here.
Top Review by Deb Wolf
Very easy to make. I didn't think processing the cilantro into the salsa made a noticable difference in the taste, so I'll just use salsa and zest and chopped onion to marinate the chicken next time. Very good dish for summer; will try it on the grill. Very reminiscent of meals in South Beach Miami.
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa verde
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, stems removed, divided
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon orange rind from oranges, then, using a small, sharp knife, peel oranges, removing all pith and outside membrane. Cut between membranes to section.
- Process salsa, 1/2 cup of the cilantro leaves, 1 tablespoon of the red onion, grated orange peel, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour 3/4 cup salsa mixture over chicken breasts and marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil chicken 6" from heat 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining cilantro and mix with beans, orange sections, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top chicken with remaining salsa and serve with bean salad.