Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Saw this recipe on the internet and it sounded good to me. Had to put it up here.
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa verde
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, stems removed, divided
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon orange rind from oranges, then, using a small, sharp knife, peel oranges, removing all pith and outside membrane. Cut between membranes to section.
- Process salsa, 1/2 cup of the cilantro leaves, 1 tablespoon of the red onion, grated orange peel, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour 3/4 cup salsa mixture over chicken breasts and marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil chicken 6" from heat 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining cilantro and mix with beans, orange sections, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top chicken with remaining salsa and serve with bean salad.
Very easy to make. I didn't think processing the cilantro into the salsa made a noticable difference in the taste, so I'll just use salsa and zest and chopped onion to marinate the chicken next time. Very good dish for summer; will try it on the grill. Very reminiscent of meals in South Beach Miami.