Recipe by Peg #4
I got this one of my mom's old recipe books called Great American Recipes. It's simple and delicious.
Top Review by KathyP53
Actually, I would bring reserved marinade to a full, rolling boil for several minutes and THEN using it as a basting sauce towards the end of the cooking process. A fully cooked marinade on cooked meat should not cause any problem.
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Prepare marinade-basting sauce by combining all the ingredients.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour marinade over it. Marinade at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve for use as basting sauce.
- Place chicken on preheated grill or broiler. Baste with sauce on all sides.
- Grill chicken, basting and turning every 10 min for about 30 min or until chicken is done and juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Good served with hot rolls, salad, or grilled tomatoes.