Top Review by cook 4 life
Made these brownies for a carribean themed dinner party... what a hit. Thanks! Was like a very rich moist cake with hint of coconut. The spices added a nice subtle flavor. Pretty easy. Made 9 generous servings. Will make again!
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup canned coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt the chocolates in the coconut cream in the top of a double boiler.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and rum in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour into the mixture, along with the spices and baking powder and whisk just to mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies until the top is crusty but the center remains a little soft, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut the brownies into 8 rectangles.