This is a delicious summer wrap that makes a light lunch. Uses jicama and fresh cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa (I use medium)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and diced (3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaf
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I use fat-free)
- 1Add beans, salsa, and 1 tablespoon lime juice to the container of a food processor; pulse briefly, just until combined (but not smooth); set aside.
- 2Add red bell pepper, jicama, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and remaining lime juice to a large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- 3Lay warmed tortillas on work surface.
- 4For each wrap: place a rounded one-third cup of black bean mixture in a thick horizontal strip across the lower third of a tortilla (make sure the mixture doesn't reach the edges of the tortilla).
- 5Top with 1/4 of the pepper-onion mixture.
- 6Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream gently over the top.
- 7Wrap up burrito-style--fold in the two sides and roll up bottom to top.
- 8Cut in half on the bias; eat immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miami Beach Black Bean Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 653.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g