Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious summer wrap that makes a light lunch. Uses jicama and fresh cilantro.
Make and share this Miami Beach Black Bean Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I use medium)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jicama, peeled and diced (3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup packed cilantro leaf
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I use fat-free)
- Add beans, salsa, and 1 tablespoon lime juice to the container of a food processor; pulse briefly, just until combined (but not smooth); set aside.
- Add red bell pepper, jicama, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and remaining lime juice to a large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Lay warmed tortillas on work surface.
- For each wrap: place a rounded one-third cup of black bean mixture in a thick horizontal strip across the lower third of a tortilla (make sure the mixture doesn't reach the edges of the tortilla).
- Top with 1/4 of the pepper-onion mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream gently over the top.
- Wrap up burrito-style--fold in the two sides and roll up bottom to top.
- Cut in half on the bias; eat immediately.