1/1 Photo of Miami Beach Birthday Cake
Schnookie Wookums's Note:
A light chocolatey cake with walnuts. Frosted with whipped cream. Compliments of a Pillsbury bake off recipe book. 1 cup of coconut can be substituted for graham cracker crumbs. Unfortunately this uses a lot of mixing bowls, so be ready for a lot of dishes to wash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/3 cup of these are melted)
- 118.29 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml buttermilk (or sour milk)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour 2 9-inch layer pans.
- 3Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips and set aside.
- 4Combine graham creacker crumbs and melted butter.
- 5Stir in walnuts and 2/3 cups chocolate chips; set aside.
- 6In separate bowl, combine flour with baking soda and salt.
- 7In large mixing bowl, cream butter and gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar- cream til light and fluffy.
- 8Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 9Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 10At low speed, alternately add dry (flour mixture) ingredients and buttermilk (begin and end with dry ingredients) and mixing well after each addition.
- 11Pour into pans and sprinkle with graham cracker crumb mixture.
- 12Bake 375 for 30-40 minutes, until cake springs back when touched in center.
- 13Allow to cool before frosting.
- 14For whipped cream:.
- 15Beat cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff.
- 16Frost center and sides of cake. Not supposed to frost top, but can if you'd like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miami Beach Birthday Cake
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.7
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.7 mg
- Sodium 611.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g