Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We had a whole bunch of fresh Okra and needed some recipes to use it with. So, I found this one.
- 907.18 g okra
- 680.38 g lamb, stew meat
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 118.29 ml cilantro, chopped fresh
- Wash okra and trim okra, and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with oil and place in broiler and lightly brown the okra.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, lamb meat, and spices in olive oil, stirring regularly, until meat is browned.
- Add water and salt, then stir, bring to boil.
- Cover, lower heat and slow cook until meat is tender.
- Add browned okra, chopped tomatoes and ½ cup fresh cilantro.
- Mix well, cover and cook until okra is tender.