Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We had a whole bunch of fresh Okra and needed some recipes to use it with. So, I found this one.
Make and share this Mia Bamia Arabic Lamb and Okra Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Wash okra and trim okra, and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with oil and place in broiler and lightly brown the okra.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, lamb meat, and spices in olive oil, stirring regularly, until meat is browned.
- Add water and salt, then stir, bring to boil.
- Cover, lower heat and slow cook until meat is tender.
- Add browned okra, chopped tomatoes and ½ cup fresh cilantro.
- Mix well, cover and cook until okra is tender.