1 hr 40 mins
Mrs. ChefToBe's Note:
This is a definitely a healthy and delicious way to incorporate seaweed into your diet. Traditionally, Koreans would serve this on birthdays and after giving birth. They say that the seaweed helps the new mother to heal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the dried seaweed in a large bowl with water in it.
- 2Allow the seaweed to rehydrate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3Cut the seaweed into 2-3 inch pieces.
- 4Heat a pot to medium heat.
- 5Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- 6Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, and beef to the preheated pot.
- 7Saute the beef until done.
- 8Add the seaweed and enough water to cover everything.
- 9Peel and smash the garlic cloves.
- 10Add to the pot.
- 11Bring the soup up to a boil.
- 12Reduce the heat to medium-low to medium.
- 13Allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 14Fish out the garlic cloves and discard.
- 15Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mi Yeok Guk (Korean Seaweed Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 185.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: