Recipe by Mrs. ChefToBe
This is a definitely a healthy and delicious way to incorporate seaweed into your diet. Traditionally, Koreans would serve this on birthdays and after giving birth. They say that the seaweed helps the new mother to heal.
- 1 ounce wakame seaweed (dried, called mi yeok in Korean)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces beef
- 3 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the dried seaweed in a large bowl with water in it.
- Allow the seaweed to rehydrate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut the seaweed into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Heat a pot to medium heat.
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, and beef to the preheated pot.
- Saute the beef until done.
- Add the seaweed and enough water to cover everything.
- Peel and smash the garlic cloves.
- Add to the pot.
- Bring the soup up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low to medium.
- Allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic cloves and discard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.