Recipe by rochsann
My son, Grayson, has Down's Syndrome, and one of his beloved aides at school, Dana, who has been a trememdous help and a tremedous friend, adds these wonderful-tasting mints to her holiday dessert trays every year. I think they would be lovely for baby and bridal showers too. Grayson, Mi' Dana, and I all hope you like them!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract (add a few drops more if desired)
- food coloring, of your choice (leave out if you want white mints)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peppermint flavoring in large bowl, and stir until well-mixed.
- If you wish to make different colored mints, divide dough into however many colors you desire; 1 drop of food coloring per 1/4 portion of mixture.
- Knead until color is evenly distributed; knead in more powdered sugar if dough is sticky.
- Roll dough into small balls, 1/2 inch.
- Roll balls into granulated sugar.
- Press into small molds or press down with bottom of a glass, thumb, or fork.
- Immediately remove to waxed paper or non-stick aluminum foil to dry.
- Chill, and then store in an airtight container.