Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy and nutritious. This is a very quick and easy stew. You can make it spicy by adding medium or hot salsa. If you do not have vegetable broth you can season two cups of water with an all-purpose vegetable seasoning. This is also good served over brown rice or polenta. A recipe from Cinda Sanner on the Micheff Sisters cooking program.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup green beans, cut (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup mild salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- In a medium pan combine all ingredients and stir to mix. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir several times to prevent the bottom from burning.
- May serve with a dollop of soy sour cream if desired.