Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This was the best selling cookies at my school cafe and a great hit at party's! so moist and chewy. :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl beat together butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. beat in eggs, 1 at a time. beat in vanilla.
- In seperate bowl,stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, add to butter mixture in 3 additions, stirring to combine.
- *To create the rolls:.
- Take half of dough and add 4 heaping tsp of cinnamon.
- Divide dough in fourths and take one of the regular dough and one of the cinnamon dough.
- Using a rolling pin, place waxed paper on bottom and top of each dough and roll ouy into a square.
- Take top layer of wax paper off and place one square on top of the other and using the bottom wax paper to assist in rolling the dough into a jelly roll fashion.
- Cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch and place on parchment paper leaving about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minute.