Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple and delicious salmon that my husband requested over his mother's! From the Modern Girl's Guide to Life.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish, buy one bunch from the store)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (lower fat types okay, too.)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (non-fat okay)
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (1-inch thick)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- In a small bowl, combinete chopped dill, mustard and honey.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a smaller dish and reserve the sauce for basting the salmon later.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream with the remaining dill mixture.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Spray the skin side of the salmon with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the salmon skin side up, in a broiler pan but DO NOT SPREAD IT WITH THE MUSTARD MIXTURE!
- I made this messy mistake once, but only once.
- Broil the salmon 4-6 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over, brush them with the dill-mustard-honey sauce (not the creamy sauce you put in the refrigerator), and broil for 5 more minutes.
- You'll know it's done wen the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the salmon on plate with a dollop of the refrigeratied sour crem and dill sauce and garnish with sprigs of fresh dill.
- Put a lemon wedgeon the plate and serve.