The thing with meyer lemons is that they're much less bitter than regular lemons. They're cross-bred with mandarin oranges, so you get all the citrus in a much milder form. I'm not usually a fan of lemon anything but these are just irresistibly luscious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sugar Cookie Tartlet Crust
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Meyer Lemon Curd Tart Filling
- 1Sugar Cookie Tartlet Crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3In a stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, kosher salt, cream and vanilla, until mixture is moist and crumbly.
- 4Press dough into four 4-inch tart pans (or one 9 or 10 inch tart pan) and press it up the sides, making sure the layer on the bottom is even.
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is set and firm at the edges. Cool, then fill with desired filling and bake as that recipe directs.
- 6Meyer Lemon Curd Tart Filling:.
- 7In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- 8In a large bowl, whisk together zest, eggs and egg yolks. When sugar mixture comes to a boil, pour very small amounts down the side of the bowl into the egg mixture while whisking continuously to temper the mixture. Continue to add only a few tablespoons at a time until all has been incorporated.
- 9Transfer egg mixture back to sauce pan and return to stove. Cook on medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes, whisking frequently.
- 10Remove custard from stove and whisk in butter, adding in one piece at a time.
- 11When all butter has been added, cool curd for 15 minutes before pouring into prepared tart crusts.
- 12Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 205.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g