A recipe I found on Pinterest from the blog Diets in Reviews. These were so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (use milk tsp white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- juice of two meyer lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Meyer Lemon Glaze (optional)
- 1Heat skillet over medium heat on the stove top.
- 2Add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder to large bowl and mix.
- 3Combine egg, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and buttermilk in a separate bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- 4Add wet to dry and stir until just combined; a few lumps are OK. Do not over-mix.
- 5Add poppy seeds and stir just slightly to incorporate, then let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- 6In the meantime, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice in a small dish and whisking to combine. Set aside.
- 7Once skillet is hot, coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray and spoon on scant 1/4 cup measurements of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges start to dry, being careful not to burn. They should be light-golden brown. Flip and cook for one to two minutes more on other side.
- 8Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup or Meyer lemon glaze.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon Poppy Seeds Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
meyer lemon zest