Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I found on Pinterest from the blog Diets in Reviews. These were so good.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (use milk tsp white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 medium egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- juice of two meyer lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Meyer Lemon Glaze (optional)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- splash milk
- 1 tablespoon meyer lemon juice
- Heat skillet over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder to large bowl and mix.
- Combine egg, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and buttermilk in a separate bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add wet to dry and stir until just combined; a few lumps are OK. Do not over-mix.
- Add poppy seeds and stir just slightly to incorporate, then let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice in a small dish and whisking to combine. Set aside.
- Once skillet is hot, coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray and spoon on scant 1/4 cup measurements of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges start to dry, being careful not to burn. They should be light-golden brown. Flip and cook for one to two minutes more on other side.
- Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup or Meyer lemon glaze.
For us these were just ok. I liked the lemon flavor but we had issues with the texture. Even with adjusting the temperature I found the insides to be a bit gummy and cooking them more just made the outsides too hard. Made for PRMRT