Recipe by hollywall
this recipe was adapted from lemon pie recipe by juelsong. i use meyer lemons which are sweeter than regular lemons which allows me to use only half the sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml cornstarch
- 59.16 ml flour
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 118.29 ml lemon juice (freshly squeezed from meyer lemons, you'll use the rind too)
- 2-3 lemons, zest of
- 9 inch baked pie shells
- 4 egg whites
- 78.07 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- in a bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt together.
- in a saucepan boil 2 cups water, add the sugar mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to thicken.
- reduce heat to low and cook until thickened; whisk in the beaten egg yolks and cook 2 minutes longer on low heat.
- remove from heat and add the lemon juice and zest, and combine well. let cool for 5 minutes then pour into pie shell. 4 egg whites, beat until foamy, add 1/3 c sugar gradually, beat on high until peaks form. spread over lemon pie, sealing edges and swirling decoratively. bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- beat 4 egg white until foamy, add 1/3 c sugar gradually, beating on high until peaks form. spread over lemon pie, sealing edges and swirling decoratively, bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden.