1/1 Photo of Meyer Lemon Muffins
I am a lemon fanatic! These exquisite lemony muffins make for a wonderful picnic or sack lunch treat. Meyer lemons are a cross between a true lemon and a mandarin or sweet orange. Recipe is from the L. A. Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, the baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 2Cut two lemons into 1-inch pieces (include the thin peel, but not the white pith!). Put them in a blender and pulse until the lemon is finely chopped. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, butter and chopped lemon. Stir.
- 3Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the lemon mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- 4Spoon the batter into well-buttered cups of muffin pans, filling each half full.
- 5Combine the remaining 2 T. sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1/4 t. over each muffin. Cut the remaining lemon into 9 paper-thin slices; cut each slice in half. Top each muffin with half a slice of lemon.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Run a small spatula or knife around each of the muffins to loosen, remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 18 muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g