504 hrs 20 mins
From the Lemonladies in California, this is HEAVEN! (cooking time is the amoutn of time the lemon zest sits in the alcohol)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the lemons and leaves; with a potato peeler remove the rind from the lemon (take care to only remove yellow skin, not white flesh.
- 2put lemon rind,leaves and alcohol in a sealed jar and let it soak for two or three weeks.
- 3Toward the end of the two/three weeks put sugar and water in a pan, let it boil for 4 minutes and let it cool.
- 4Mix everything, remove the lemon rind and filter the mixture through a coffee paper filter or washed cheesecloth.
- 5Put in bottles and put in freezer. In few hours the limoncello is ready to be served.
- 6If you cannot find pure spirits, you can substitute a good quality vodka, and cut back on some of the water.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: