1/1 Photo of Meyer Lemon Cake With Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Baby Chevelle's Note:
Found this in a local newspaper. Can't wait to try it. Wanted to post it before I lose it. Meyer lemons are a type of lemon, they are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. Their are sweeter and a little less acidic flavor. These lemons are from California and are found across the country. Look in your grocery stores or specialty stores. Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Schnucks, Dierbergs, and Straubs in the Midwest. The season runs from November to May. Chefs are said to love to cook with these lemons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Cake: Grease bottom, sides and center tube of a 9 or 10-inch fixed bottom tube pan with at least 3 3/4-inch high sides. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper or parchment; grease the paper.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowel; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until thickened and lightened to a cream color, about 2 minutes.
- 5On low speed, beat in 1 cup oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until blended.
- 6Blend in flour mixture; when incorporated, mix in sour cream until no white streaks remain.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake on center oven rack until top feels firm and toothpick comes out clean. about 65 minutes.
- 9Let cake rest in pan for 15 minutes, then run knife around edge of cake and tube in center.
- 10Invert cake onto wire rack.
- 11Leave cake bottom side up to cool.
- 12Frosting: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed to beat butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and vanilla until smooth.
- 13Beat in sugar until frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 14Frost cake: Cake can be covered and stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 15Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon Cake With Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.5
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 260.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g