Recipe by loveleesmile
YUMMY! I have not yet tried this recipe with regular lemons. But since most people do not have access to Meyer lemons, I am assuming regular lemons would make a decent sub. I would add an additional tablespoon of lemon zest though. Blackberries are also good with this bread. Enjoy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh squeezed meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated meyer lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, oil and egg in small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir blueberries into dry ingredients to coat. Add lemon mixture to dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- By the way - this bread gets even more moist and lemony the next day if you wrap it well once it's cooled. Don't make yourself wait, though. Cut a slice and then wrap it up.