Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love the Meximelts at Taco Bell. However, I don't eat there a lot because sometimes, it gives me a tummy ache. But when I do, there are only two things I order-EVER! Chili-cheese burritos and Meximelts. One of my gal-pals worked there and told me what was in one. I couldn't figure it out because I was too busy inhaling it. So...here's my take on the Meximelt.
- 453.59 g ground beef (use your fave taco seasoning mix to season by package directions)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29-236.59 ml salsa, any you desire (I prefer mild)
- 8 inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the hamburger meat and drain off all the grease and/or water. Season.
- Microwave the tortilla until it is soft and easy to roll.
- Place a layer of ground beef in the bottom.
- Combine all the cheeses (I just throw it all in a zip-top bag and shake so if there is any left over, I can have it for later.)and sprinkle the desired amount over the beef.
- Add desired amount of salsa, but do not use too much.
- (This is sort of like a taco, only the cheese is melted and there is no lettuce or sour cream or any other toppings.).
- Fold in half and place on a plate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds or just until the cheese is melted.