Recipe by TerriB16
This recipe was given to me at a family reunion. It is not a very healthy recipe so I have made it using reduced or fat free of the soup, cream cheese and sour cream and it tasted just as good!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a delicious rice dish. I used low-fat ingredients as suggested and I cut back on the butter. It makes a very large casserole so it would be perfect for family gatherings and/or potlucks. Served this dish alongside your recipe#361457. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2014.
- 10 ounces saffron rice mix (like Mahatma)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package except add 1/4 cup extra water and boil about 10 minutes longer.
- While rice is cooking, combine all other ingrediants except cheddar cheese in a large bowl and mix with mixer.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 inch pan and cover with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (I broil mine at the end to brown the cheese on top).