- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup onion (Diced)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato bouillon with chicken flavor (Caldo de tomate)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to pot and turn heat to medium/high. Add rice and brown lightly, and onion and continue browning for 2 minutes.
- Add Caldo de tomate, Cumin and water.
- Bring to a rapid boil. Let boil heavily for 2 minutes.
- Cover, turn down to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Do not open lid, after done cooking let sit for 30 minutes covered.