Recipe by Juenessa
From the cookbook A Little Taste of Texas. So good!
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was a nice change from the tomato based rices usually served with Mexican food. Simple to put together and easily prepared ahead of time. Can't get canned chilli's here so added some taco seasoning for a little kick instead. Thanks, one that I will be making again for sure!
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese