1/2 Photos of Mexicana Eggs
Sue Lau's Note:
Colorful and mildly spicy. This is wonderful wrapped in a low carb tortilla for an on the go breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 28.34 g chorizo sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 59.14 ml colby cheese, and monterrey jack cheese blend shredded
- Tabasco sauce (amount to taste)
- 1Mix beaten eggs, heavy cream, water, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- 2Heat a small skillet and add butter and poblano and cook until the pepper is tender.
- 3Pour egg mixture into skillet and lower heat.
- 4Add chopped tomato, sausage and bacon, and cook, stirring to form curds, until eggs are almost set.
- 5Stir in grated cheese and cook until eggs are set and cheese melts.
- 6Sprinkle with tabasco sauce before serving if you like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicana Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 514.0 mg
- Sodium 1085.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g