Colorful and mildly spicy. This is wonderful wrapped in a low carb tortilla for an on the go breakfast.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 1 ounce chorizo sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup colby cheese, and monterrey jack cheese blend shredded
- Tabasco sauce (amount to taste)
- Mix beaten eggs, heavy cream, water, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat a small skillet and add butter and poblano and cook until the pepper is tender.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and lower heat.
- Add chopped tomato, sausage and bacon, and cook, stirring to form curds, until eggs are almost set.
- Stir in grated cheese and cook until eggs are set and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with tabasco sauce before serving if you like.
These are good. I have made similar ones before. Thanks for posting. I made this for My 3 chefs Nov 2008.