Recipe by FeedMePlz
Source of recipe: Better Homes and Garden. This is a great substitute for Spanish rice.
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 30 seconds.
- Carefully add broth, peas, tomato and cilantro. Bring mixture to boiling; stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.