Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy choose over fatty french fries. Submitted by OnMyWayTo159
- 2 medium zucchini (cut into 1/4-inch square 3-inch long sticks -- like fries)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml grill seasoning
- 59.14-118.29 ml chili sauce or 59.14-118.29 ml mild taco sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Arrange zucchini on nonstick cookie sheet.
- Spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Combine spices and sprinkle over the zucchini fries.
- Place in very hot oven and cook 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Dip chili sauce or taco sauce.
I made these to go along with a Mexican themed meal and the entire meal was disastrous! I ended up throwing everything out. These were really soggy, even after sticking them under the broiler for 10 minutes. And there was definitely way too much seasoning. I even tried dipping them in various sauces and dressings. I won't be making these again.
These are alright. I used olive oil instead of spray, chilli powder, cumin salt and pepper. They came out a bit soggy, next time I'll cut them thicker and cook them for a shorter period of time. Maybe can be improved with the help of breadcrumbs?
This is a Rachel Ray recipe, although it doesn't say it anywhere on this page. Just thought I'd let everyone know the source. I remembered her making it on the show and I checked at the Foodnetwork website and saw the recipe there.