A most refreshing low-cal burrito. BF found this on an Australian website, and he changed it a bit and stuffed it into a tortilla. Not a burrito you want to eat with your hands, but really, really good. We used the low-fat substitutions. The filling alone makes a terrific side dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos (or Rotel, or tomatoes with chiles)
- 4 flour tortillas (we used jalapeno & cilantro flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (or to taste)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (or to taste) or 4 tablespoons sour cream (or to taste)
- hot sauce (optional, to taste)
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in zucchini. Cook 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Divide evenly among tortillas. Top with cheddar, salsa and yogurt. Wrap and serve immediately with hot sauce on the side.