1/3 Photos of Mexican Zucchini and Chicken over Rice
Robin Batterson's Note:
Easy quick meal great as one dish supper or with a green salad on the side. (Gluten Free) I like thighs best, but you can use breast if you prefer after the contest
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa, medium heat (or heat of choice)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless skinless (1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4-1 teaspoon chili powder (or to desired heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, small (chopped or minced)
- 1/2 green pepper, large (chopped or minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 4ths then sliced for 1/4 round slices
- 1 cup salsa, bottled
- olive oil, for frying
- 1Bring first four ingredients to a boil in saucepan. Cover and simmer 45-50 minutes.
- 2Cut chicken into bite size chunks, shake in plastic bag with the rice flour, cumin, chili powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
- 3I use Pam type spray or several teaspoons olive oil to saute onions and peppers, cook till onions translucent. Add zucchini and cover, toss frequently to start the zucchini cooking. Let cool -- then add salsa. Mix together, cover and let simmer.
- 4In another frypan, heat a few teaspoons olive oil or Pam type spray. Brown chicken cubes that you shook with seasoning and flour.
- 5Add chicken chunks to the veggies, simmer until rice is done.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Zucchini and Chicken over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 2514.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: