Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Low fat and delicious. Rotel makes everything better! Based on a recipe from Seasoned with the Sun.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into discs
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes (I use extra hot, but warning this makes it muy caliente)
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in skillet with oil until onions are tender. Stir in zucchini. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add Rotel tomatoes and stir. Cook at a low simmer uncovered for thirty minutes stirring occasionally.
- These are even better reheated.
My parents are from Mexico and I can honestly say my mom makes this often. THe only difference is that my mom does not use mushrooms, but she does use potatoes. If you add some queso fresco on top when you plate......delicious!!!
This is a great recipe! It's something like my mom's. My family loved it. I will be making this again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the posting of the recipe.
Great way to serve zucchini! I subbed green peppers for the mushrooms. I also sliced the onions instead of dicing. Wonderful flavor, easy to make and healthy - what more could you ask for? Thanks for posting the recipe!